The IT Principal/BA Consultant will be part of a team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control for an Information Systems Program Management Office (PMO). The IT Principal/BA Consultant will contribute to varying tasks including performing duties associated with Expert writing of PM and IT Governance/Oversight/Policy/Mandates, Capital Planning and Investment Management, Familiarity with FITARA, Improvement Performance, IT Portfolio Management Framework, Data Calls (Industry IT standards best practices), Business Analysis, and Requirements Analysis
The IT Principal/BA Consultant will contribute to varying tasks within one or more of the following PMO areas: Program/Portfolio Management, Project Support, Investment Management, and Change/Configuration Management. Agile experience, communication skills (written and oral), and a broad range of IT knowledge/experience is required. Flexibility is a must, as well as the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Additional experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
- Candidate should optimally have 5+ years of experience supporting the federal government in the areas of IT Portfolio Management, IT Governance, and IT Asset Management
- PMP Certification
- Relevant IT Portfolio Management experience.
- Experience analyzing management, business and technical issues related to program management and information systems
- Requirements Gathering experience
- Experience providing guidance to the business implications of various systems
- Experience collaborating on feasibility studies and systems planning
- Experience or exposure to teams responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives
- Experience devising and/or modifying procedures for managing complex programs
- Experience with IT Governance/Oversight (policy, mandates, FISMA, FITARA, etc.), IT Asset Management (CPIC, OMB 300 and 53, etc.) and IT Portfolio Management
- Experience with Business Analysis (Agile practices, CONOPS, C&A, etc.) and Project Planning and Management (SDLC, Agile Methodology, PMBOK, ITIL)
- Must have a minimum of Secret Clearance
- Flexibility as well as the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task and work well under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building partnerships with business and technical stakeholders as applicable
- Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently