General Job Responsibilities
In this role, the BA contributes to varying tasks as assigned, performing duties associated with eliciting and developing business and functional requirements for Software Engineering and Data Management Systems.
The BA Principal Consultant’s work will include, but not be limited to, responsibilities such as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders, facilitate stakeholder working groups and support the requirements planning, gathering and documentation in support of the IT system development efforts within our client’s Software Engineering and Data Management organization. The consultant will also collaborate with stakeholders and system users to document requirements, develop related documentation (including Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Course of Action (CoA), System Implementation Packages (SIPs), and Agile Epics and User Stories).
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology)
- Must have a minimum of Secret Clearance
- Optimally, 5+ years of relevant Federal Government experience
- Strong writing skills relevant to the functions of the position (user story development, technical documentation, technical requirements, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing workflow diagrams
- Experience facilitating meetings with stakeholders at various levels
- Optimally, 5+ years of Business Analysis to include, but not limited to, Data Standardization, experience from requirements gathering to requirements management
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Project Management and/or project support/PMO experience; understanding of project management principles
- Candidate must be flexible and capable of switching projects as priorities change
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task and work well under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building partnerships with business and technical stakeholders as applicable
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Team Foundation Server, MS Project and SharePoint are strongly desired
- Flexibility as well as the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently with minimum supervision.