The Sr. IT Principal Consultant will lead cross-functional IT/business efforts within a Federal Government PMO office to include: Governance/Oversight/Policy/Mandates, Capital Planning and Investment Management, Business Analysis, Requirements Analysis, In-depth knowledge of IT related mandates, regulations, and etc., to include Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Improvement Performance, IT Portfolio Management Framework, and Data Calls. The Sr. IT Principal Consultant will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Flexibility is a must, as well as the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- 15+ years of Federal Government IT Portfolio Management experience
- Experience in applying, in an operational environment, the principles of the nine primary knowledge areas and the five process groups defined by the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Experience in IT Portfolio Management methodologies and processes, strategic planning, trend analysis, organizational reporting and presentations, and identification of performance indicators for the purpose of performance measurements
- Experience writing alternative analyses, business cases or point papers based on research, analysis, and observations
- Experience with the Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process and other IT investment processes and requirements
- Experience assessing, interpreting, and providing guidance regarding Office of Management and Budget, Department of Justice (DOJ), and other office budget and reporting directives and instructions
- Expertise in risk analysis to support project managers in identifying project risk, identifying potential impacts of those risks, and crafting risk mitigation strategies.
- Expert knowledge of earned value management (EVM) guidelines, standards, and requirements including defining EVM data collection and reporting processes and analyzing project data to determine earned value metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in writing materials relevant to organization, project and task goals and presenting material to senior Government officials and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience in conducting business and technical analysis by facilitating working group sessions to understand and document customer stakeholder functional and technical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer current business processes and functions and make recommendations for improved functional services.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer or Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or technical discipline is desired; proven experience maybe considered as an acceptable substitute.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-BPA) credential is highly desirable.
|Job Category||Information Technology|